The Barcelona Metropolitan Area (AMB) formalised an agreement with the Government of Catalonia on August 30, 2017, to develop projects related to priority axes 2, 4 and 6 of the Catalonia 2014-2020 ERDF Operational Programme.
The total bulk of investment will reach 60 million euros, half of which will be financed by the European Union’s European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The projects managed by the AMB will be framed in the following Priority Axis (PA) of the Catalonia 2014-2020 ERDF Operational Programme:
- Bolster the deployment of networks and services to ensure digital connectivity.
- Promote digital public services, digital literacy, and electronic learning, inclusion and health.
- Improve energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions related to public buildings, infrastructures and services.
- Promote sustainable urban mobility: clean urban transport, public transport, urban-rural connectivity, improvements in the road network, active and electric mobility and development of renewable energy supply systems.
- Protecting, promoting and developing cultural and natural heritage.
- Development and promotion of natural areas, particularly those of touristic interest.
- Promote the management, protection and maintenance of the soil, natural habitats and their biodiversity.
Latest featured news.
ERDF regulations and links of interest.